We at HAROLD INDUSTRIES observe ‘zero tolerance’ policy when it comes to unethical business behavior such as bribery, corruption and forced labor. We expect all of our Management members, Employees, suppliers and other stake holders to adhere to similar standards and to conduct their business ethically.
We shall observe to comply with all applicable laws and regulations as laid down from time to time.
A. Human rights:
- Respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual
- Refuse to make any person work against his or her will
- Prohibit behaviour including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
B. Fair labor conditions:
We shall ensure fair labor conditions and shall
- Refrain from employment discrimination based on gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation
- Respect the rights of employees to freely associate and put forward their grievances
- Not tolerate or use child labor in any stage of our activities
- Not use any forced labor, including but not limited allow all employees the choice to leave their employment freely upon reasonable notice as per company rules and regulations laid elsewhere
- Compensate employees fairly and follow local wage regulations and / or collective agreements, and where these do not exist, compensate employees so at the minimum they can meet their basic needs
- Ensure that working hours, including overtime, do not exceed applicable legal requirements
- Ensure that employees are allowed at least one uninterrupted day off per week
C. Health, safety and environmental management:
We shall provide a safe and healthy workplace for all of our employees and shall conduct our business in an environmentally sustainable manner as per company HSE policy laid elsewhere
- Provide all means and materials to ensure personal health and safety
- Establish appropriate organizational structures and procedures for the effective management of health, safety and environmental risks
- Ensure that all workers are sufficiently aware of these risks and appropriately trained on the implementation of control measures.
D. Material compliance and conflict minerals:
We shall ensure
- Material compliance as per local and international standards pertaining to hazardous and environmentally unfriendly material
- Not procure or use materials which originate from conflict affected and high-risk areas
- Not procure or use materials being produced in inhumane and environmentally damaging conditions
E. Business ethics:
We shall conduct our business in an ethical manner. In particular, we will
- Refrain from any and all forms of corruption, extortion and bribery, and specifically ensure that payments, gifts or other commitments to customers, government officials and any other party are in compliance with applicable anti-bribery laws
- Adhere to anti-trust and other competition laws
- Disclose any conflicts of interest relating to our activities as a Supplier or Customer
- Protect all confidential information provided by our customers, suppliers and our respective business partners
- Respect intellectual property of others
- Adhere to international trade regulations and export control regulations
H. Inspections and corrective actions:
In order to ensure and demonstrate compliance with our Code of Conduct, we shall keep record of all relevant documentation pertaining to any deviation or non-compliance to CoC by any of our Management members, Employees, Suppliers or any other business partner.
G. Supplier conduct:
We shall ensure to communicate to all our Suppliers of our Code of Conduct and would also request them to follow inline with our CoC or any other code that would espouse conduct of ethical business.